The rugby activities across the day will include the core rugby skills required by all to participate within the game. These skills will form the foundation of every camp and will be supported with the development of players’ tactical understanding of the game.Core Rugby Skills
- Decision making
- Contact – Tackle Technique
- Tactical Development
- Collective attack
- Collective defence
Appropriate levels of contact will be used throughout the camp from Tag/Touch to grab and were suitable full contact (Tackle/Ruck).
All camps are staffed by appropriately qualified and experienced IRFU accredited coaches. Each camp is managed by an experienced member of staff from Ulster Rugby.
1. Enough food for break and lunch. We would ask that healthy food is provided, to encourage a healthy diet.
We would like to make you aware, that there are several children attending the camp who have severe nut allergies. To ensure that these children have a safe and enjoyable experience we would ask that no nut based food or food containing nuts are brought to the camp. This is a very serious concern and we would ask for your assistance in this matter. If any of the details you provided at the time of booking have changed (i.e. medical conditions, contact info, etc.), can you please make the Camp Manager aware of this at registration.
2. Enough water to keep each participant hydrated throughout the day.
3. Waterproof clothing and a change of clothes should the weather require it.
4. Appropriate footwear for the ground conditions i.e. football/rugby boots and trainers.
5. Rugby specific safety equipment, a mouth guard is expected as a minimum.